Saturday, December 19, 2009

French Cuisine


This trip, a lot of my meals have been of the picnic variety.
It's quicker, cheaper, and best of all,
I can go back to my hostel and eat in my pajamas if I want.
(After a long day, sometimes that's more relaxing!)
But I have gone out for a few restaurant meals.
The other day I went out for lunch with my friend Sabine.
I had a salad:


The idea was to have something healthy,
with lots of vegetables,
but the warm cheese and bacon bits on top
and the creamy dressing
probably sabotaged that.
(It was delicious, though!)
My healthy efforts were further sabotaged by dessert.
It's so hard to turn down a chance for chocolate cake--
at least in France,
where they know how to make it properly.
Sabine had creme brulee (top in the photo):


My cake was topped with canned peaches
and a vanilla custard sauce.
Yum!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Crème brûlée is my favourite dessert. You should also try Ile flottante. Delicious !

Cathy
French course