Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunday Dinner


When I was a kid, a nice sit down meal was a given for Sundays.
(And for most other days of the week, too...
how DID you do it, Mom??)
On Sundays we almost always used our nice china.
This very china!
I have it now, and mostly it sits decoratively in a corner cabinet,
but it's nice to get it out every once in awhile.
On Sunday my sister came over for dinner.
I made a roast and mashed potatoes and squash and peas.
And we had a lovely meal.
It's very pleasing to do that every once in awhile.

4 comments:

Birrd said...

Looks like our childhood! Wow!

GStaples said...

Very pretty! Isn't fun just to pull out the china and feel so special?

Dr. Croc said...

Except I didn't light the candles. Remember how we always had winter Sunday supper by candlelight?

Unknown said...

Yes, I feel like I want to sit down and have dinner with you. Thanks!