Sunday, April 6, 2008

Cooking for Leftovers

So I have lots and lots of leftover turkey.
There's turkey noodle soup (which I am making) but the Thanksgiving 101 book has a recipe for Turkey & Black Bean Tamale Pie that looks intriguing.
So I decided to make a big pan of it and freeze it into individual portions (which I can take for lunches to school in my new crocodile insulated bag, hooray!)
It's basically a turkey, canned black bean, corn mixture in a spicy tomato sauce spread out in a pan and covered with corn meal mush and baked at 350 for 30 minutes.

The ingrediments:

Sauteeing chopped onion, adding a couple of finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (my idea) and some flour to thicken the base:


Once you've added some chicken/turkey stock and canned tomato sauce, you cook it until it's thick and then add the turkey, canned beans, canned corn, and stir it all together, like so:

No comments: