Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day weather

THIS is what I woke up to this morning!
It is the first of May!
AARGH!


Only two days ago it was balmy and nice.
And I had a little Incident with switching back and forth from my heater and my air conditioning.
I was going away overnight to Emily's and I knew the weather was set to get cold so I adjusted my heater properly (I thought.)
Well it wasn't properly.
I don't know what I did but I came home to find the house at 90 degrees and Poor Mortimer in his cage well over 100 degrees.
I quickly scooped him up and put him in a tepid/cool bath in the sink.
Normally Mortimer hates baths, and absolutely will not stay still if the faucet is running, but the poor thing just burrowed into the cool water with only his nose poking out.
I felt so bad!

However, he was slithering around like normal an hour or so later so I do hope he hasn't suffered any lasting trauma.

No comments: